Some popular secretary interview questions are given below
· Tell us about yourself.
Give a brief account about your background, early education, past jobs.
· What technical skills do you possess?
Give a concise account of your technical skills including a list of courses that are being pursued currently.
· Do you know how to use MS Excel?
Yes. Or whatever is the case.
· Can you use macros?
Yes. Please have an example ready with you to demonstrate.
· Can you create a calendar of projects for each manager in Excel?
You should be able to create one at that moment.
· Where do you see yourself in five years from now?
An executive position maybe. Or whatever you are seeing yourself as.
· What is your experience with meeting planning and calendar maintenance?
Give a brief, concise account with any highlights.
· What are your current working hours?
The usual hours are 9 to 5 but there have been occasions when we had to work late or on weekends.
· How do you feel about overtime?
If you have an idea of this company’s policy you may be able to find a best-fit answer.
· Why should we hire you?
Because you are the best secretary they can find.
· What are your strengths and weaknesses?
List out your strengths clearly and convincingly. All weaknesses can be converted into strength, so mention any weakness that you perceive and how you are working on converting it into a strength.
· How do you coordinate and schedule a meeting?
Efficiency, professionalism, eye for detail, ability to think for yourself keeping individuals in mind – they are all expected from you.
· How do you work with confidential information?
Very confidentially of course. This is an important aspect of being a secretary and it helps to know that you are very discreet about the knowledge that you happen across both personally and professionally.
· What are the different means by which documents may be filed?
You could do it chronologically or subject wise for starters or any other way depending on the application and necessity.
· What else should we know about you?
Press your case on why you are the best person for the job.
Prepare well for these secretary interview questions and flash your best smile. Good luck.